• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Old Content, New Site

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 nazz

nazz

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:20 AM

I invested a lot of time in a video review site that I later abandoned. I was the sole author and my byline is on the reviews.

I would like to move the content to my new-ish site, but I cannot do a redirect (Typepad, not mapped) and cannot get into the old CMS to do canonicals or anything else. (Long story) No one would/could dispute authorship.

I could repost the old reviews on the new site with the Google author code and/or self-referring canonical. (New site is well established.) The old content also would remain on Typepad, can't do anything about it. 

Does this make sense, am I asking for trouble, is there another way?

thanks.

#2 Mikl

Mikl

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:46 AM

Can you not delete the old articles from the Typepad site? If you can, they will eventually disappear from Google.

Or even delete your entire Typepad site?

Mike

#3 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:47 AM

I'm an SEO copywriter, not a full-fledged SEO, but since Google can't view videos, would it matter?  You could optimize the pages the video reviews are displayed on differently than on the original site (different keywords, different text/description on page, etc.).

#4 nazz

nazz

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:18 PM

Thanks for the responses. I cannot do anything with the old site, including delete it. That is the root of the problem. (Abandoned TypePad -based domain names are quickly snapped up by spam artists in any case.) 

It is a review site for DVDs, we are talking text. Reviews of DVDs and Blu-rays.

So back to my original questions, please ... 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.