• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Deciding Which Links To Disavow?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shimlad

shimlad

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:28 AM

Hi All,

After receiving an unnatural links message in Google Web Master Tools I have completed a thorough site audit which involved creating a spreadsheet of all links known to be pointing at my site (using a variety sources). After exhausting the process of contacting web masters and trying to get the links removed I have now reached a dead end and need to use the disavow tool for the remaining links where the web masters are no longer contactable (or simply ignore me).

The question is... which links to disavow?

There are a few paid links which I got myself, so I know to disavow these. I also found a load of spammy blog comments pointing at my site which were nothing to do with me but clearly very unnatural (and quite possible negative SEO) so I know to disavow these.

However there are two type of sites left which I particularly cant decide whether to disavow or not, these are:

1) Wiki Clones - We are lucky enough to have several high quality natural links from  Wikipedia, however I have noticed there are quite a few sites which just lift data from Wikipedia and spin the content on there site, which are of poor quality and stuffed with adverts. As a result we have links pointing at our site from these poor quality wiki clones - should these be disavowed?

2) Search Results Sites - We are also linked to by a lot of websites which seam to be some sort of search result page, they will say something like "holiday accommodation in location x" display a list of search results, which includes a link to our site. The search results are surrounded by adverts. Again these look spammy, should I be disavowing sites like this?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Kind Regards,

Sam

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,009 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:35 AM

Nope, I wouldn't bother with either of those types. Only paid links, especially those with keyword anchor text. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!