• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

What Should I Do With These 500 Plumbing Articles?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 davej1963

davej1963

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

Greetings!

I am a web designer who is getting familar with SEO and I have a question to ask...

I have a client who owns 5 plumbing businesses and I am in the process of designing the sites and SEOing the whole project from scratch.

The business owner years ago self-published a plumbing manual and has provided me with approx. 500 articles that I can use for SEO purposes. They are all very high quality and unique.

I was wondering what would be the best way to use this valuable resource.

I appreciate any input. Thanks in advance.

#2 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,636 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

What sorts of topics are covered by these articles? I know you said "plumbing," but are they -- for instance -- technical "how to" articles? Interesting stories about advances in plumbing through history? Reviews and comparisons of various plumbing tools and techniques? Are they intended for other professional plumbers, or for knowledgeable DIY'ers, or for the "all thumbs" newbie? Where and how they can best be used depends on what, exactly, they are.

I know you're looking primarily for SEO benefit, but I guarantee your plumber client is more interested in "bottom line" benefit. If you can find a way to present these articles that brings him more customers and makes him more money, he won't care one way or the other what effect they have on his search engine rankings.

And if you find a way to use these that bring his rankings to the top for dozens of keywords -- but those increased rankings don't result in any additional customers or revenue -- those rankings all by themselves aren't going to make him a happy camper for very long.

So the trick is to find something that will not only be good for the search engines, but which will also bring him more customers and income.

This could mean adapting the articles to use in a blog (with appropriate calls to action directing back to the main portion of the website, of course!). Or it could mean using the articles for a customer email newsletter, then publishing them in archives on the website. Or maybe packaging them into a series of "how to" pamphlets, published in PDF format... for which you ask prospects to enter an email address before they're allowed to download, so they'll help him grow his "house list" for email marketing. Or you could just create an article library on the main website. The possibilities are endless, really.

--Torka :propeller:

#3 DiviFernando

DiviFernando

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:57 PM

I agree with Torka's idea of using the articles via how-to's or probably via e-books as well.. as long as they give you something back with a call-to-action. 

Since the articles are really unique I would suggest you take your time and see where your readers usually go to. Do they prefer email or do they linger more in social media platforms. Is there a plumbing community online? You could take a quick backlink analysis of one of the popular competitor sites and see where the traffic comes from the maximum. For example, if it is video sites that potential customers of plumbing are watching, advice the client to create a small teaser about an e-book or how-to articles and lead them to the landing page on the website that gives away these articles in exchange for an email. The idea here is to harness the most potential channel to market your content to increase the reach of those articles. Because in the end of the day, no matter how unique or high quality articles you have with you, you still need to put that little extra effort to get the needed online exposure and to convince people that these are genuinely unique and of high quality. Once a target audience is reached, they will do the marketing for you by sharing it in their social circles. It would be a ever growing process of promotion of content by your website and increase in quality traffic and building quality inbound links. That would be a win-win with SEO and conversions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!