• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

How To Properly Redirect Domains In This Situation

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 zigtron

zigtron

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

I have websites website.net and website.xx (country specific domain and translated version) and I would like to 301 redirect domains like this:

REDIRECT PLAN:

WEBSITE.NET -> WEBSITE.COM

WEBSITE.XX    -> XX.WEBSITE.COM (translated version)

We already own the site.com domain and the thing is that this domain is and has been set as "Website Alias" of .net domain, showing same content as on net, just under different domain. It's been set like this for almost 3 years now which is not good I know. In the near future we also plan to do a redesign of our website and change some url structures and content as well. 

So given all this I need to find the perfect strategy to make this transition as smooth as possible without loosing previous SEO work and rankings. How would you do this:

•  Do we need to do anything on the current .com version before moving forward with the process, given how it's set-up atm?
  •  Should we do redirects first and redesign with some url rewriting later on or can we do it all-in-one ?
  •  How and when would you apply 301's? On each page or wild redirect? Do we copy content first to new domains?
  •  IP and DNS will remain the same but the WHOIS is different between site.xx and xx.site.com and can't be matched. I have read that his might be a big problem with 301 domain moving ?
  •  Any other known concerns when moving a main domain to a subdomain?

Thank you for your answers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!