• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Permutations In A Title Tag

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jsingh1022

jsingh1022

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:03 AM

Hi All  :shades:  New to the forums, but I have been a moderate SEO enthusiast for the last four years. I have a question that I tried to research on the web and couldn't find any answers for. The question is: what are your thoughts on Permutations in the Title Tag? Let me illustrate an example so this makes more sense. 

After completing keyword research, the Title Tag for my company's site is Viral Video Marketing & Social Video Advertising. So IMO, direct phrases like "viral video marketing", "video marketing", "social video", "social video advertising", are all fair game to be picked up. We have a back link building effort underway. 

The question is, are we equally as likely to be picked up for indirect phrases. For example, an indirect phrase like "viral marketing" or "viral video advertising", these phrases are not directly next to each other in the Title Tag. They are found in different parts of the Title Tag. Therefore, are they equally likely to be picked up as a direct phrase? 

I hope that makes sense. Thanks. 

Edited by jsingh1022, 09 April 2013 - 11:22 AM.
link removed per forum rules

#2 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,715 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:27 AM

They can get noticed by the search engines as a phrase that is related to the page. There are so many individual factors that go into determining a page's rankings for any given phrase, though, that it's impossible to say how much any single factor contributes. It could be that for a low-competition phrase, simply having the words in your title and body text, even if they don't appear as the exact word-for-word phrase might be enough.

For a higher competition phrase, it may not be enough even to have the exact phrase in your title, your page header, your body text and the anchor text of a few good links pointing to the page.

So, yes, the search engines will note that those words appear in the title of your page, and they may associate your page with searches that also contain those words (whether the searcher inputs them as that exact phrase or in some other order). Whether your page will appear in the search results for that phrase, though, depends on a lot more than just the title. It's impossible to predict.

My :02:

--Torka :propeller:

#3 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,240 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

In practice, a good Web page is more likely to be picked up for untargeted terms than for targeted terms.  Title tags don't provide much space for covering a lot of topics but the principle works for title tags as much as for "content on the page".

• DiviFernando likes this

#4 jsingh1022

jsingh1022

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:08 AM

Thanks all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!