• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

High Ranking With Twitter And Facebook

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Alexis

Alexis

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:32 AM

I have my website for 6 years more or less and was always ranked # 1 in Google on important keywords.

Now there are some new kids on the block, and they manage to get a # 1 in Google with a Wordpress page and blog very quickly, but also very high rankings with twitter, facebook etc. The Wordpress page hardly contains any content.

Out of curiosity I was looking at the page code on their twitter account, and to my big surprise I see the name of My twitter account there in between the codes (I don't follow them, and they don't follow me) how is that possible.

These guys are smart...........

Regards Alexis

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,460 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:33 AM

These guys are smart...........

Nope, but if you do pointless "rank checking" you WILL see newly discovered URLs "ranking" high, it means very little because Google have ALWAYS shown new URLs high in the results for a few days, it last for a few days and then they drop down to EARN their place.

Out of curiosity I was looking at the page code on their twitter account,

And were you logged in to your "Twit" account at the time??

#3 Alexis

Alexis

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

Hello Christhirst,

Thank you for your reply....also without me being logged in to twitter, it seems I am in his account group?

I wish the high ranking of my competitors was for a few days, but it's for a half a year now.

I found out they have very little content, but a lot of back links. Our website is very content rich with the right keywords included, but still not good enough to keep the # 1 position in Google.

Should check my website first, what I could change,

Regards,

Alexis

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,775 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

Are you getting traffic and sales? 

What about the hundreds of other keywords that your site should be optimized for?

Why are you worrying about being #1 for one particular keyword phrase? That's not at all what SEO and website marketing are all about.

#5 Alexis

Alexis

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

Hello Jill,

Yes, I get traffic and sales, and yes there are a few more keywords in my business that I rank high with, but I am sure I lost a big piece of the cake so to speak.

So it's not that I worry, but they are the most used keywords by far where I lost terrain. I only question myself how they do it.

Regards,

Alexis

#6 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 9

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,923 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

If the keywords you are concerned about are very short (2-3 words in the queries) you aren't losing nearly as much opportunity as your fears are telling you.  Most of the money is in longer queries.

#7 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 6,460 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

Our website is very content rich with the right keywords included, but still not good enough to keep the # 1 position in Google.

Ever thought that 'they' may be saying the same things about your URLs????

Because if they have time to waste with pointless "rank checking" your site URLs could be above theirs.

#8 Alexis

Alexis

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

Hello Chrishirst,

I don't understand the statement pointless "rank checking". This forum is called high ranking for a reason I assume.

I prefer to be on # 1 in Google instead of 20 it's as simple as that. but still my initial question is unanswered how it is possible that one of my competitors managed to be on # 1 in Google in no time, with his website (must be a Wordpress page) on # 2 with his Facebook and # 8 with his twitter account.

OK I am still on 3 in Google, so no reason to get desperate yet.

Regards,

Alexis 

#9 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,775 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

I don't understand the statement pointless "rank checking". 

Please see Why Running Ranking Reports is a Fool's Errand.

how it is possible that one of my competitors managed to be on # 1 in Google in no time, with his website (must be a Wordpress page) on # 2 with his Facebook and # 8 with his twitter account.

How do you know? That's what you see, but it may not be what others see.

At any rate, it's easy enough to see what your competitor has done. Look at his/her site and look at the backward links pointing to it. That should give you everything you need to know.

#10 Alexis

Alexis

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:23 AM

Hello Jill,

I understand that what I see is different from what I see when I log in through an USA proxy, or from any other country or person.

OK my conclusion concerning Google ranking is that back links to a brand new website with hardly any content are winning from a 6 years old website with very rich content and the right keywords.

Regards,

Alexis

#11 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 6,460 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

To a 'rank check searcher' "brand new" URLs will ALWAYS  be "winning" but it only lasts a short while.

#12 DiviFernando

DiviFernando

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:51 AM

OK my conclusion concerning Google ranking is that back links to a brand new website with hardly any content are winning from a 6 years old website with very rich content and the right keywords.

May be just may be they acquired links from a high authority site. Google is not perfect. I have seen many instances where pages with no content rank high. I think you must post this concern on their support forums and directly quote the URL you talk about. Or just ask Matt Cutts. If a website that is low quality and ranking for no reason for half a year, just report it. I am sure you will get answers there. 

It is good to clear that curiosity of yours from the search engine in concern rather than asking us who hardly know which site you are talking about, to judge it.

Also, Google is not the one who decides who your customers choose and clearly with what you say, your site is built for your customers while your competitor's is not. It is built with some scammy search ranking tactic which is sure to be penalized if ever it deserves a penalty. 

Do you have a blog on your site by the way? If yes, I would recommend you to get Google authorship.  Authored search results rank higher most times and I am sure your competitors who do not have content cannot compete you on that. (This is just an extra advice).

#13 Alexis

Alexis

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:36 AM

Hello DiviFernando,

You hit the nail on the head. It is built with smart (scammy) search ranking tactic. It's very easy for them to put content there, but they also know it's not necessary apparently.

Yes. I have a Wordpress blog, and Google+ (need to study Google authorship)

Regards,

Alexis

#14 DiviFernando

DiviFernando

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:37 AM

It's good news that you have a blog and even better if its on the topic and keywords your website ranks for. Also smart move creating the Google+ profile, it is going to help you top the SERPs, now or in the near future. Google just might release something called an Author Rank in the near future. Also, to me it makes sense why Google would want to rank authors. See, for sites like that of your competitor gaining high SE ranking must be easy by earning links or manipulating their code but they can never associate their site to an author as it genuinely calls for some hard work and lots of time investment. You certainly seem to have invested a lot of time bringing up your site on SERP (6 years I believe) now its time you invest time on bringing up your authority as an individual that owns that site and the content therein. So, let's not go into author rank for now as it is not officially announced but I think building a Google authorship with your content will pay off in the future to fight these faceless SEO blackhatters.

To get Google Authorship:

- Add your blog and website link to the 'Contributor to' section under 'Profile'

- Take your profile link and add it to your WordPress blog and your site's backend. The html looks like this

<a href="https://plus.google....57237874861202?

rel=author">Google</a>

Here is a WordPress plugin for Google Authorship

Check your rich snippets to see if Google authorship works using the Google rich snippet tool

My point is:

- When your content is associated with you, people will eventually recognize you as an authority on the topic and tend to click on search results that have your picture (from G+ profile). 

- If author rank is a reality, you are a step higher than your competitors who have no content let alone one with a verified ownership.

- Search results with a picture of the author earns more click throughs than the plain ones. 

Meanwhile, let us know if you were able to bring to  Google's attention about your competitor site.

Regards,

Divi Fernando

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!