• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Get's You To The Top Fast- Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zweetpeaz

zweetpeaz

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:45 AM

Hi!

I hope this is the correct spot for this.

I have a client that i am slowly rebuilding his site, optimizing it , and backlinking it the correct and ethical way.

yesterday he tells me that he has signed up with a company called [removed], because that can get him traffic immediately  and because his business is slow, he needs more traffic. Traffic of course is something that I am working on for him, but apparently not fast enough.

They contacted him- through a telemarketer call, and apparently have been trying to get him to sign up for quite a while.

Since I had never heard of [them], i looked at their website. basically, they do the same thing that I can offer ( optimizing, backlinking) they also do google ads (which I'm sure they will over charge for) and give him a phone number that he can then listen to the calls on, and track.

I also did a google search of them. This was a mix of good and bad reviews- leaning toward bad. That they do their SEO through article marketing (which in itself is not bad) but they use the same article over and over just changing the keyword or links (bad bad bad), and they submit to like a gazillion directories (in an automated non targeted or necessarily  content related way) It seems to me that they are going against everything I know about ethical SEO. Sure, it may get him to the front page of google fast, but at what future cost?

I also explained to him that when he stopped their service, that the phone number they give him goes away- so if his customers have become used to using it, it is no longer available.

Other than the fact the he has pretty much given MY job away ( he says the he wants me to continue doing what I have been doing- he some how thinks it is separate from what [the company] does), I am afraid that he is wasting his money. I asked him to do his own research on them before signing anything, but it was too late. He has already signed up _ but only for 2 months.... which in my opinion is 2 months too long.

Help... have you heard of them, are they as bad as I think,  and is there a way that i can prevent damage to my client?

Thanks so much for reading..

Michelle

Edited by Jill, 29 March 2013 - 07:22 AM.
Company name removed as per forum rules

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,547 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

If they need immediate traffic while you work on their SEO, PPC is the way to go (although overpaying for PPC isn't exactly the best way to go).

Article submissions all over the place is not a good idea, especially if it involves spinning one article into many, but if they've already signed a contract, it's out of your hands. Hopefully they'll come to their senses after a couple of months. Hopefully they'll watch where their traffic is coming from and not give the credit for PPC traffic to the spun articles.

But until your client is done with this, it may not be a good idea for you to continue working on the site. This other agency may be undoing your work as you do it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!