• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Google Places (Other Information)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bobmeetin

bobmeetin

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

When you update your Google Places profile, in addition to the basic description there are some fields for additional detail or other information.  If editing the profile you scroll down to "Additional Details".  You give each a title, then descriptive text.

On the Edit Profile page it will display under "Other".

However if I go to the public page I do not see any of this data either on the search results page or the business profile page if selected. Some should show because it's been there for years.

The questions:

1. Where does the public viewer go, what path, to see this info?
  2. If it isn't meant for public consumption, is google making use of this data in the hidden search algorithm?

#2 bobmeetin

bobmeetin

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:29 AM

The question remains unanswered. I have it on my agenda to try to get these and a couple other odd places questions answered next time I call in for AdWords support which seems to be the path to Places as well.

#3 bobmeetin

bobmeetin

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

Follow through - not!

I attempted to get to the support path for google places by calling in to adwords support and requesting places support.  As expected when I mentioned places the phone rep transferred me to another department, or so it seemed. I ended up in a phone tree cycle and when you click the option for tech or customer service (option 5) it takes you to the same phone tree. Clicking on 5 again got you to: "Thank you and goodbye" and drops you immediately into their customer survey loop. What a perfect time for a flowery survey.

Not to be denied I called in a third time. This time the guy who answered proclaimed that there is no official support like the previous 2 reps indicated and recommended I visit: support.google.com/places. Keep in mind that last go-around the woman whom I connected with was able to provide some degree of Places support. She took notes on the problems, got them over to 'someone' and I got a reply a couple days later.

Depending on the time of day, phase of the moon, perhaps the transparency of your shoes, you get a varying message.

Visiting the support page points you to some context type help available on admin pages. You have to be extraordinarily diligent to follow through this path. I did and now I wait for the gods' blessing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!