• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Recovery Time

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jmatura

jmatura

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

Sept. 27th, 2012 analytics shows my traffic reduced by more than 50 percent.

Several issues have been fixed since such as internal and external duplicate content, tecnical duplicate content, and a .htacess rewrite that was tricking google all completed by January 15th or so.

My big question now is before hiring Jill to further fix issues if needed how long do I need to wait for google to process all these changes? Thanks.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,963 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

I would think by now you'd be seeing some traffic coming back if it was going to. Anything? 

Did you get any notices from Google and/or did you submit a reconsideration request?

#3 jmatura

jmatura

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:27 AM

The traffic on this site hasn't seemed to recover at all in analytics.  Also I do know for keyword phrases that I ranked in the top 10 for years I am no longer in the top 100.

However, thanks to your article "18 SEO Killers You Must Clean Up and Avoid for 2013 and Beyond" I still need to address keyword stuffed articles (non intentional, just my writting style) along with lack of photos in these articles.

In addition to the above I also see in webmaster tools I have about 217 crawl errors and my current site is only about 82 pages.  These errors are pages that haven't existed for a few months from cleanup efforts to pages that haven't existed for years due to business model changes.

#4 jmatura

jmatura

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

Sorr forgot after all that typing.  No notices from Google and I did submit a reconsideration request and reply was there is no manual action taken.

#5 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,963 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

Then it seems to me that there still must be some things wrong with your site in general that's causing it to be filtered for the keywords  you're hoping to show up for. 

Be sure to read all my web spam articles for clues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!