• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Hit By Google But Never Received Any Warnings Through Webmaster Tools

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TextRepublic

TextRepublic

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

We redesigned our website back in November and also started regular blogging. From that point we started rising slowly but steadily in in the rankings for all keywords and key-phrases that we were targeting. Our blog posts were getting great social shares and the percentage of people registering on our website crediting a 'Google Search' as how they heard about us also started to rise.

Then in about mid Jan (which I believe coincided with a Panda update) we plummeted. Ever since that we have jumped around all over the place in the rankings up and down every week... up five one week, down 8 the next up 2 the next down 6 the next.... but basically generally a downward curve... we went from 'slow and steady but always up' to 'erratic up and down but with the general trend down'.

I did find out that someone within our company had started to do some article spinning with UAW but I found out about it within a few days of it happening and put a stop to it. I figured seeing as it only went on for a few days and that I never got any warnings then we were OK but the way we have been dropping in the rankings and in some case dramatically it seems to me that we must have been penalized....

I recently got some advice from a professional SEO who said that he wouldn't personally remove any links unless he got a warning from Google... so I'm not sure what to do and hate the fact that so much good work and good blogging has been undone.

Any help and/or advice would be fantastic.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,984 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

Are you losing traffic and sales? 

#3 TextRepublic

TextRepublic

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

Yes. We had started to get registrations that selected 'Google Search' on sign up but these have fallen back to zero again.... which is inline with how we are ranking in various rankings since we were hit.

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,984 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:03 AM

Hard to say without a thorough review of your site, but if your not doing any on page spammy stuff, have no technical issues, dupe content, low quality pages, etc. then you likely need more high quality links and good social signals. 

See the many articles I've written on Panda/Penguin. And also "SEO for 2013 and beyond."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!