• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Adwords - Violation Of Policies?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 trishH

trishH

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:43 AM

I would really like some advice as I feel I'm going slightly mad here.  My main website is an information website.  It has been live since 2006, has an active FB page and a lot of user interaction.  At peak holiday periods I receive up to 22,000 visitors per month.   I run AdSense and other affiliate ads to try and make some money, but this is alongside a lot of original content.

I recently added a series of 7 pages to the site providing information about a holiday area in the UK.  On these pages I provided links to external websites where people could go for opening times for attractions etc.  These are not affiliate links, and are not paid links.

I attended a seminar run by my bank and was given a voucher for £75 worth of Adwords advertising (provided I put £25 in my account to start with).  I thought this was an excellent opportunity to promote my new pages, and the landing page being the 'Introduction to...' page.  This page has 2000 + words of unique content, and has a brief description of the other 7 pages (on my site) so people can go directly to the area that they are interested in.  I feel I am offering people a good user experience!

However, I have spent the last month arguing with Adwords.  First I had to remove all the (Non affiliate and non paying) links to external sites that provided information about specific attractions.  I then added more information on the page.  But they have still come back and said that my site is in violation of the 'Bridge Page, Arbitrage - Lacks Unique, Useful and Original Content policy', and have told me my whole site is suspended and that I cannot use Adwords to promote it.

I am very upset at this as I pride myself on the content I've put on the site, and the FB interaction and Newsletter sign up, together with numerous emails I get show that people do find the site useful and interesting.

I just wondered if other people had experienced the same thing?  I really don't know what to do - I could simply forget it, but I'm worried that if the Adwords team have suspended and apparently 'disabled' my site for policy violations, whether this would cause me a problem with rankings?

They do say they will reconsider if I put 'unique, original and useful content' on my site (which I already have - unless I invent a new history for the area, weather conditions, best times to visit information etc - and have removed all unacceptable links from the page - the only links are to other pages on my site, one link (non paid) pointing people where to buy fishing permits, and of course adsense blocks and some non obtrusive affiliate ads down the side of the page.

Sorry for the long ramble - at the end of my tether here.

#2 Alan Perkins

Alan Perkins

Token male admin

• Admin
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:39 AM

See Google's Adwords Arbitrage Policy.The problem isn't necessarily your content in and of itself, it's probably the balance between the content and the ads.

#3 trishH

trishH

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:25 AM

See Google's Adwords Arbitrage Policy.The problem isn't necessarily your content in and of itself, it's probably the balance between the content and the ads.

Thanks for the response.

If you're right, and the Adwords Team think there are too many adverts on the page (which follows a standard template for the site), does that affect Google ranking?  If not, it's not too much of a blow not to be able to use Adwords.  I wouldn't have bothered without the freebie.  But I'm worried about the term my website being 'disabled'. 

#4 Alan Perkins

Alan Perkins

Token male admin

• Admin
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

Hi Trish

Yes, too many ads can affect Google ranking.  That was one of the things the Google Panda update set out to penalise ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!