• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

How To Make An Attorney Pay Up...

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,940 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

And so you switched the page?

#17 bobmeetin

bobmeetin

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:35 PM

Idle threats do nothing more than increase their power.  If they haven't responded in reasonable time, move forth with both the page and complaint.

Attorneys are not web technologists. It's going to be an aggravating annoyance to them to have to "figure out" how to resolve the problem, assuming they can find the right email messages with the domain registrar, hosting, etc.

What are you waiting for?  Idle threats/promises do nothing but reduce the power of your position. At this point you're you're taking on his internal strife as your problem.  What's he going to do, sue you? Attempt to discredit you and expose himself?

#18 Say Yebo

Say Yebo

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:43 PM

And so you switched the page?

Yes, we took down his index page. He ignored us. Now I know why...two weeks later he replaced it with a whole new website.

It would appear that he already had plans to change vendors (I guess we were too closely related to his ex partner) and decided not to bother paying us for the changes to his site as it would soon be replaced with a new one.  

The amount of money involved is not enough to make it worth our while aggressively pursuing it any further. I'm going to let karma take it from here.

#19 bobmeetin

bobmeetin

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:31 PM

And you wonder why the attorney profession gets a bad rep in general :) What is the definition of scruples? Something like getting away with it because you can?

#20 Say Yebo

Say Yebo

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:09 AM

And you wonder why the attorney profession gets a bad rep in general :) What is the definition of scruples? Something like getting away with it because you can?

Yup, they're pretty much getting away with it because they can. I thought of some fabulous ways to get revenge, but unfortunately I'm just not enough of a psychopath ;)  LOL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!