• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Google Webmaster Tools. Woes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nkzbusiness

nkzbusiness

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

Hi all.  I am having an issue with Google Webmaster.  

Under the "traffic" tab I click on "links to your site" and look at "how your data is linked".  From my understanding this is referring to the anchor text on my site.  If this is the case, then Webmaster is showing the least important anchor texts first and is missing the most important anchor texts altogether.

Do you have any suggestions on how to get Google to recognize my important anchor texts and not give so much value to the others?

Thanks for your help!

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,619 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:40 AM

I think anchor text is just listed in volume order, and keep in mind that...

• you can click the "more" link to get I believe as many as 200 anchor text phrases
  • you can click a URL under "most linked content" to get a list of pages that link to it
  • the buttons that allow you to download this data refer to "sample links," so they're not even trying to imply that this is everything.

But through all of this information, there's no way for Google to determine which keywords you consider important. What's important from their perspective is how many pages are using a certain phrase as anchor text, whether those pages are important themselves, how many different sites are doing it, and the targets of the links.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!