• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Looking For Web 2.0 Websites That I Can Schedule Posts

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 andrewman

andrewman

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

I have been posting articles on web 2.0 websites so that I can get my business name out there and show that I have great content.

this can be very time consuming, especially for a business owner and a startup.

On wordpress.com I can schedule out my post, where I had some articles and I schedule them for the future, then they automatically post when that date and time happens.

I can also do this for tumblr.

My question is:

Are there any other web 2.0's that allow me to schedule my posts for the future?

I have been searching the internet for a list so that I don't have to go through and create an account to figure out if that website allows scheduling.

Thanks for listening.

-Andrew

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,107 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:06 PM

Not an answer to your question, but wasn't web 2.0 like 7 years ago? Not sure why you'd want to find sites like that. 

And why do you need to post your stuff in so many different places? I would recommend having one blog on your own site that you post everything to.

#3 andrewman

andrewman

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

Not an answer to your question, but wasn't web 2.0 like 7 years ago? Not sure why you'd want to find sites like that. 

And why do you need to post your stuff in so many different places? I would recommend having one blog on your own site that you post everything to.

Everything I have been reading about SEO is that, along with having a website blog, you want to get backlinks from other web 2.0 websites to help your web page rank. 

So I have about 4 dozen articles I have written about my industry and I am posting them so that I can get relevant backlinks to my website. 

It's working quite well, it's just time consuming.

I am slowly starting to dominate any keyword I go after, but I want a less time consuming way of posting my content.

Web 2.0's were created around 7 years ago, yes, but they are still an extremely effective way to provide relevant content to people seeking it, and it's easier to rank a web 2.0 blog because the domain it's attached to has much more authority when compared to my new domain.

You know what I mean? :)

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,107 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

Everything I have been reading about SEO is that, along with having a website blog, you want to get backlinks from other web 2.0 websites to help your web page rank. 

You must be reading some very old material. Backlinks are important of course, but whether or not something is Web 2.0 doesn't make a difference.

So I have about 4 dozen articles I have written about my industry and I am posting them so that I can get relevant backlinks to my website. 

Giving yourself links isn't the same as others linking to you. Do you really think that Google is so dumb that they would count a link that you can give to yourself the same way they would treat one that someone gave you because they were recommending your site to their own site visitors? [Hint: They likely wouldn't.]

but I want a less time consuming way of posting my content.

Oh, you're looking for a quick fix. :giggle: Good luck with that. They don't exist.

You know what I mean?

Honestly, not really. I think you need to get up to speed with SEO in 2013. Haven't you heard about Panda and Penguin?

#5 andrewman

andrewman

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

Hmm, the weird thing is that I have been doing this for about 6 months now and I am ranking fairly easily on the first page for a half dozen terms and it's helping drive traffic to my website.

I was just simply looking for a more systematic way of posting my content, not a lecture in what your opinion is on what works and what doesn't, when clearly you do not have any idea about what you're talking about in this situation.

And when you said: 

You were absolutely right, it wasn't an answer to my question. In fact, is was the opposite, because web 2.0's do work for spreading content, or else they wouldn't be around anymore and no one would use them. And they have been very successful for me. 

I am here looking for help, not to be criticized and put down with comments like:

Oh, you're looking for a quick fix. :giggle: Good luck with that. They don't exist.

#6 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,107 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:14 PM

Since you like old stuff like Web 2.0 (which is a 1999 term) I highly recommend you read  my 2006 article No Quick Fix for SEO

It is much More relevant.

From the article:

It is true that links are very important to helping your site gain visibility and search engine traffic. But quick-fix link schemes are not going to result in long-term high rankings for your site. Everyone knows to avoid "link farms," but nobody seems to quite know what they are. No worry, because it doesn't matter whether something is a link farm or a link scheme or a link popularity bonanza software extravaganza. If you set out to get links for the sole purpose of increasing your search engine rankings, you're already thinking backwards. 

Hope this helps. Please read the entire article as I think you should find it useful. 

#7 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,363 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:00 AM

Hmm, the weird thing is that I have been doing this for about 6 months now and I am ranking fairly easily on the first page for a half dozen terms and it's helping drive traffic to my website.

Well that's quite normal, all new URLs get a "high ranking" for a few days, maybe even a few weeks. But they do drop down to their rightful place and then have to 'earn' the right to be shown to Google users.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!