• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Are Female Speakers Under-Represented At Seo Conferences?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,980 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

Do you believe that female speakers are under-represented at SEO conferences? And if so, why do you think that is?

View the full article

#2 Mikl

Mikl

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:33 AM

Jill, I must say I was surprised to see this question in the newsletter - especially coming from such an eminent authority as yourself.

When you go to a conference, you expect the speakers to be expert in their field, and skilled at imparting their knowledge before an audience of their peers. That's what matters. Why on earth should the sex of the speaker have anything to do with it? And why should females - or males - be "represented" by the speaker? The speaker is chosen for his or her skills, not to "represent" a particular group of people.

Will you next be asking if speakers should be chosen according to their religion or the colour of their skin?

Mike

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,980 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:06 AM

I was only asking because there have been a number of articles about this topic lately and I wanted to see what others thought about it. Overall I agree with your sentiment, but that doesn't mean the question shouldn't be asked. My apology if it offended you. 

#4 Mikl

Mikl

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

It didn't offend me, Jill. I was just surprised. But I take your point that you were simply asking the question.

Mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!