• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Google+ Author Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PloughBooks

PloughBooks

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

We are a publishing house.I finally got a couple of my authors to show in the Google search results with their thumbnail photos. But now one of the authors shows in the results on way too many of my pages...for instance, my FAQ page now shows on the search results with a thumbnail of one of the authors. My internal search result page - which has come up for "free christian ebooks" for years, now shows this one author's thumbnail...when there must be 50 authors represented by our house.

I do have a "Featured Ebook" ad on every page right now, that is by this author. But it has no rel=author or rel=me link in the ad. So it shouldn't be confusing the issue.

Can anyone tell me how to get out of this problem?

Edited by Jill, 26 February 2013 - 09:59 AM.
Removed website link

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,621 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

I can't tell you how to fix it unless you're willing to remove that ad (and I don't recommend doing that just for Google's sake), but it's not uncommon, once Google is aware of the identity of an author through rel="author," for the search engine to associate a page with that author even when the code isn't present.

Edited by qwerty, 26 February 2013 - 07:40 PM.

#3 PloughBooks

PloughBooks

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:43 AM

Shucks...maybe I can just remove the author's name from the featured ebook - I'll try that & see what happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!