• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Guest Blog Posting With Duplicate Content

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Joeanderson1901

Joeanderson1901

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:14 AM

Hello There,

I am SEO beginner and was researching on guest blog posting for generating backlinks. I found that it is really a good way for generating legitimate backlinks. But I have questions about duplicate content on the blog post.

For example, let say I have wrote a guest blog on "xyz blog website". Now I am copying same blog post and posting it on another "abc blog website"

Now my question is does google consider this as a two different backlink, or it consider just one backlink, or it doesn't consider any backlink because of duplicate content.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Joe

#2 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,825 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

Does the blog owner of "abc blog website" know you're planning to pass off "second hand" content on them? Or do they think they're getting a newly written article?

Because if they're OK with hosting duplicate content that's already been published elsewhere, I'd have to question whether a guest post on that blog is going to be worth all that much to start with. If they're willing to accept duplicate content posts from you, they're probably willing to do the same for others -- probably already have accepted duplicate content from others -- and as such may not be all that highly regarded by the search engines as a source of authoritative links/content in the first place.

If, on the other hand, they don't know you're submitting a duplicate content post because you haven't told them, you might want to check with them first to make sure that's acceptable. Because if they're aware at all of Google's Penguin update, they may not be too happy with your idea.

Guest posting is a good way to get legitimate links. But legitimate links are not cheap, easy links. They are links you earn through offering something worthwhile. If you're going after links by handing out the identical article to multiple sites, you're doing the whole guest posting thing wrong, IMO.

Write unique content for each blog, each guest post. Is it more work? Worthwhile things usually are.

My :02:

--Torka :propeller:

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

The whole concept of posting guest posts for links (rather than for exposure) is the wrong way to go about things. 

If you will get exposure and ideally click throughs to your site from the guest posts, it doesn't matter what Google thinks of it. Although I agree with Torka that you want to be sure the site owner understands that the article is not original. There's nothing inherently bad about them using content that has been posted elsewhere, but they do have a right to know it. 

#4 Joeanderson1901

Joeanderson1901

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:01 AM

Torka & Jill,

Thank a lot for your response.

To make it more clear for me, I should contact blog owner before posting a duplicate content on his/her blog, that I understand. But let say blog owner is ready for that, then does it going to help in anyway for SEO of my website? (it looks like it won't make too much difference, from your description.)

Thanks,

Joe

#5 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,825 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

The whole concept of posting guest posts for links (rather than for exposure) is the wrong way to go about things. 

I realize I was unclear in my response. I agree totally with this. Guest posting should be about exposure and direct traffic. A link can be a nice side-benefit, but should never be the goal of a guest post.

--Torka :propeller:

#6 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

But let say blog owner is ready for that, then does it going to help in anyway for SEO of my website? 

Who knows? As we've said, that shouldn't be your goal.

#7 Joeanderson1901

Joeanderson1901

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:47 AM

Thanks a lot.

This made it clear for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.