• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Buying Links On Ebay

Best Answer torka , 20 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

Scam, scam, scam.

Legitimate PR6+ pages are not going to be selling links. They don't have to. (Not to mention that the whole idea behind this is based on the almost entirely worthless toolbar PR, not the real PR that Google actually uses for rankings, so the entire premise is bogus from the start.) Did I remember to say: "scam"?

Beyond that, do you seriously think the folks at Google aren't smart enough to monitor these listings and figure out who the sellers are? Really? Googlers are some of the smartest people on the planet, and -- let's face it -- the folks selling these links are generally not exactly MIT scholars. The guy who empties the wastebaskets at Google could out-think these bozos with one frontal lobe tied behind his back.

We already know Google doesn't like paid links being used to try to trick them into giving a page higher rankings than what it naturally deserves. Given that, and understanding that it's trivially easy for them to figure out who's selling the links... what do you think would be the ultimate result of purchasing large quantities of these bogus links? :hmm:

Save your money. If you're going to spend it, put it toward some marketing activity that will actually get you good results.

My :02:

--Torka :propeller:

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sync100

Sync100

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:15 AM

Hello,

I'd like to ask if any of you had experience buying links on Ebay. There's a lot of SEO offers advertising links from actual PR7-6 pages (not domains). I paid for a few tips&techniques and so far all of them turned out to be scam not worth even $5. I thought I'd ask for opinions before I spend $100 for something that may be another scam.

Thanks

#2 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,596 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:42 AM   Best Answer

Scam, scam, scam.

Legitimate PR6+ pages are not going to be selling links. They don't have to. (Not to mention that the whole idea behind this is based on the almost entirely worthless toolbar PR, not the real PR that Google actually uses for rankings, so the entire premise is bogus from the start.) Did I remember to say: "scam"?

Beyond that, do you seriously think the folks at Google aren't smart enough to monitor these listings and figure out who the sellers are? Really? Googlers are some of the smartest people on the planet, and -- let's face it -- the folks selling these links are generally not exactly MIT scholars. The guy who empties the wastebaskets at Google could out-think these bozos with one frontal lobe tied behind his back.

We already know Google doesn't like paid links being used to try to trick them into giving a page higher rankings than what it naturally deserves. Given that, and understanding that it's trivially easy for them to figure out who's selling the links... what do you think would be the ultimate result of purchasing large quantities of these bogus links? :hmm:

Save your money. If you're going to spend it, put it toward some marketing activity that will actually get you good results.

My :02:

--Torka :propeller:

• chrishirst likes this

#3 Sync100

Sync100

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

Thank you Torka so much for this informative answer. You saved me $100. I'm taking first steps in SEO and I guess it's definitely better to ask than loose money :-)

I'd like to take the opportunity and ask you about something else: what do you think about buying expiring high PR domains? Some of them sell even for $100. Is there any reliable method to confirm that a domain has real PR7 or 8? I mean something more reliable than tools like [REMOVED]

Is there a chance that after I buy a domain its PR won't suddenly drop to 4-5?

Edited by Jill, 20 February 2013 - 11:59 AM.

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,928 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

Rather than trying to find quick fix ways to gain PageRank, why not spend the time and money it takes to do things the right way? Yeah it's hard, but that's what it takes these days.

Sure, you could buy an expiring domain, but as soon as it changes ownership, the links previously pointing to the site will no longer count (according to Google).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!