• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Does Google Delete Old Reviews?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Andy1342

Andy1342

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

Does Google delete old reviews? I need more Google reviews than I've got. Very satisfied clients keep promising to do one, but the number hasn't gone up for ages. It's not at all clear who has done a review and who hasn't and in my line of trade (I'm a hypnotherapist) for various reasons it isn't too cool to check with people (they might feel guilty or pressured, not good.) The dozen or so that there are are fairly recent, so it looks like the people who promise are doing the review, but Google in its infinite wisdom is deleting old ones. Possible..? anyone any experience of this?

Cheers

Andy

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,928 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

As far as I know they don't delete them. But they may not feature them so prominently. Although it's possible within the transition to Google+ Places Pages that some reviews didn't port over. 

For my site, Google seems to be showing 10 of them, most from a few years ago. I can't recall if I had more than that at one time or not, however. 

#3 imexperttools

imexperttools

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

And Google Reviews does not have that much value anyway. You can go to fiverr and find tons of services provide you with hundreds of positive reviews for just a few dollars. Or you can just create a bunch of Google profiles and post the review yourself. Just my 2cent.

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,928 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:51 PM

I completely disagree. The fact that you have to have a google profile means a lot. Obviously google isn't going to count reviews from new accounts the same as they would for older and more importantly, trusted accounts. That's where google+ and authorship are hugely important. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!