• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Top Product Page - Over Optimization Penalty?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 VetoFunk

VetoFunk

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

Hi Everyone,

I have been trying to figure this one out. This was at one time our most popular page:

[removed]

It got popular naturally, due to be talked about socially. As you can see, over 1,000 Likes, a couple dozen tweets and Google+'s.

Around the summer of last year it was #3 for "Green Coffee Bean Extract". it remained there until December 7th, when it plummeted to page 5 overnight for that term. Now other similiar popular terms for this page remained on page 1, like "Pure Green Coffee Bean Extract". But for "Green Coffee Bean Extract" it's actually now on page 12. Seems to continue to get worse.

So My Thoughts...

1) I took at look at the backlinks, and they are from bloggers and from a PR release we did:

[removed]

Now we didn't use the exact phrase, but a variation of it. I am wondering if that did any damage as this was passed around a lot.

2) I took a look t keyword density. Now I am not a huge believer in counting the percentages of keywords, but looking at phrases, the most used phrase over and over again on this page was "Green Coffee Bean Extract". So what I did today was to drop the amount of times it was huged by about 1/2.

3) Our whole page is unique and we put a lot of time into it.

I am wondering if we were penalized by an Over Optimization Penalty.

Any thoughts on this one?

Thanks!

Edited by Jill, 19 February 2013 - 10:54 PM.

#2 imexperttools

imexperttools

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

Or simply because Google rank your page on top because it was social viral but now as the time passed by the viral is gone so your page lose its ranking? You should pump more backlinks as well as Social signals (FB likes, Twitter's tweets or Google+) on them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!