• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Still Suffering From Google Penguin Update

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 devoteddomains

devoteddomains

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

Hi,

I have a website: (removed) that used to rank very well in Google for keywords such as (removed). Once the penguin update came out on the 24th April 2012 the website dramatically dropped in ranking. The website ranked very highly, nearly always in the top ten for many of the keywords previously, but after the Penguin update website it did not rank well at all and for some keywords dropped off the listings all together.

I have attempted to dilute the anchor text of links coming through to the website in case this was the reason but there has been no effect on rankings. Even for our brand keyword which we were previously at number 1 for has been effected and we currently rank 12.

Webmaster tools is setup and we have not received any messages about spam, I just can't for the life of me work out why our website no longer ranks, can someone please help?

Thanks in advance,
Pete

Edited by Jill, 10 February 2013 - 12:08 PM.
Website and kws removed

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,130 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

Have you read this?

http://www.highranki...nguin-recovery/

#3 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,423 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

I have a website: (removed) that used to rank very well in Google for keywords such as (removed). Once the penguin update came out on the 24th April 2012 the website dramatically dropped in ranking. The website ranked very highly, nearly always in the top ten for many of the keywords previously, but after the Penguin update website it did not rank well at all and for some keywords dropped off the listings all together.

Did anything remotely usefull 'drop off' as well?

Or was it just "rankings", which could of course  be different each time you "check" regardless of 'updates'.

#4 devoteddomains

devoteddomains

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:28 PM

Did anything remotely usefull 'drop off' as well?

Or was it just "rankings", which could of course  be different each time you "check" regardless of 'updates'.

I am 100% certain that it is a Penguin related issue as the traffic coming through the website halved on the 24th April which is the well known date for it's release. The traffic dropped from around 1,600 visitors a day to approx 800 and has been at about this level ever since. The site ranks well for image searches still just not for web searches.

Thanks Jill, but I have read countless articles regarding the Penguin update and am still non the wiser as to why my website does not even feature in the top 50 rankings yet alone top 10 asit did previously.

#5 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,130 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

Well happy to do one of my lost traffic site audits for you if you go have the budget ($3200). I've reviewed tons and usually can provide the answers you're looking for. Just note that there's rarely an easy, quick fix. 

Edited by Jill, 03 May 2013 - 09:08 AM.
updated price of site audit

#6 devoteddomains

devoteddomains

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

Unfortunately I don't have a budget for that. I was just hoping that someone might identify something that I had overlooked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!