• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

How To Recover A Website From Google Updates?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 danicarter

danicarter

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

Hello Friends,

I have a website on Antique Tables and County Furniture, provide huge stock of antique furniture - online shopping site, UK based, created in 2005. It works well in Google before algorithm updates and now it suddenly drops down from search results after EMD update, I think its EMD ( Exact Mach Domain) effect, So I need your valuable feedback / suggestions that how to recover my site and rank in Google.

Thanks in Advance.

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,628 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:57 AM

The EMD update wasn't designed to penalize all exact match domains. Rather, it's supposed to hit sites that appear to be relying on little more (or nothing more) than the fact that they have an exact match domain. If that's the case, you probably have a lot of work to do in order to bring the site up to Google's standards.

The fact that the site's been around since 2005 makes me think it's got more going for it than just its domain name, so I tend to doubt the issue is that you've been hit by the EMD update, but that's just a guess. Without giving us a chance to look at the site (and as you're a new member, the [url=http://www.highrankings.com/forum/index.php?act=boardrules]Forum Rules[/url] don't allow you to show us the site yet), I can't really give you a strong opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!