• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Does Having Your Blog Syndicated Hurt Seo?

Best Answer qwerty , 28 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

It potentially helps if your site is published first, but if the other site is crawled more often it may get indexed first, and that won't help you. But if the other site links back to yours, or points to your page as canonical, there's probably no issue at all.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TextRepublic

TextRepublic

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

I recently took a dive in a lot of searches on Google after several months of steady rise by doing all the right things like consistent fresh content and good website navigation... then last week I took a dive for reasons I cant explain.

My only guess is that a website started to syndicate my blog posts which may have caused a duplicate content issue... is this possibly the reason?

Basically what happens is that a few days after I publish a new blog post the exact same blog post appears on their website.. I would have thought this was a good way of distributing my content which was completely original... but maybe not?

All help is appreciated.

Edited by qwerty, 26 January 2013 - 09:10 AM.
Removed domain name per forum rules

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,604 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

If you search on the titles of your posts (assuming the other site uses the same title), which site is returned first -- yours or the site that's republishing the post?

#3 TextRepublic

TextRepublic

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

My own site is published first. Does that make it alright? Incidentally Google moved me back up in several searches but not all... so who knows what they are at!!

#4 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,604 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:37 PM   Best Answer

It potentially helps if your site is published first, but if the other site is crawled more often it may get indexed first, and that won't help you. But if the other site links back to yours, or points to your page as canonical, there's probably no issue at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!