• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Need Some Suggestion ....

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 ykyant

ykyant

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:14 AM

Hi All,

I need some advice or someone can point me to the right direction.....

A week ago, I planned to outsource my link building program, and posted an ad. on guru. Sure I got many quotations, but to be honest I can't tell which one is better for the job, what kind of technique they have used, and kind of sick with those monthly deal.

My question is, in the long run, say few months later, do you think it is better for me to write an article everyday and post on other website (just one) that I have created then point to my original site, or better go for the monthly package?

More information on below...ranking in Google.com

Competitor A, Rank No. 1, backlinks 19xx, PR 3

Competitor B, Rank No. 2, backlinks 56xx, PR 4

My Website, Rank No. 4, backlinks 2xx, PR 0

What I can tell is both competitor A, B must hired someone to do the job. They have so many links/directories/articles/blog...etc.

I have never hired anyone to handle my website, I have created and wrote all the content by myself, and I feel I am on the bottleneck now...

Thanks!

Regards

KY

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,223 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

A week ago, I planned to outsource my link building program, and posted an ad. on guru. Sure I got many quotations, but to be honest I can't tell which one is better for the job, what kind of technique they have used, and kind of sick with those monthly deal.

None of them.

You're looking at completely the wrong things.

SGB PR is useless.

Counting links will tell you nothing useful.

Checking rankings will only tell you what you see

And link building for rankings is more likely to get your URLs dumped than ranked.

#3 SelfMade

SelfMade

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

And link building for rankings is more likely to get your URLs dumped than ranked.

I challenge you to post a site with a competitive keyphrase that is OWNED by YOU and is ranking well.

I'd like to see your expertise in action, because all I can see is your talk. :dancer:

Every SEO in the country is building links. Agency's actually have them listed as professional services.

It's nothing BAD.

It's only bad if your spamming.

Edited by SelfMade, 20 January 2013 - 02:33 PM.

#4 piskie

piskie

HR 7

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

This forum doesn't encourage posting URLs for Bragging amongst other reasons.

We do encourage discussion and disagreement.

However I think challenges such as yours if they became common place would effectively destroy constructive debate.

#5 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,062 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

It's only bad if your spamming.

Please provide your 2013 methods for link building that aren't spammy. It would be highly beneficial to all. 

#6 SelfMade

SelfMade

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

Please provide your 2013 methods for link building that aren't spammy. It would be highly beneficial to all. 

I detect Sarcasm

#7 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,668 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

Nope, a sincere request for information (at least as far as I'm concerned). Personally, I'm finding link acquisition harder these days and would love to hear some new ideas. So, whatcha got?

--Torka :propeller:

#8 SelfMade

SelfMade

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

So, whatcha got?

This is a trap.

#9 piskie

piskie

HR 7

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

Torka of all people on this forum doesn't court controversy or conflict. So, why not lay out your methodology and open meaningful discussion and debate.

#10 SelfMade

SelfMade

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

Torka of all people on this forum doesn't court controversy or conflict. So, why not lay out your methodology and open meaningful discussion and debate.

Huh?..what are you talking about for gods sake?

Every response you make to me seems to be as in like some Controversy or something like that?..

Your one of these people who doesn't know when someone is having a joke or not.

This place is waaaay too serious now.

Randy?????..where are you? come back quickly..this forum is dying.

God almighty.

Just ...oohhh.

Pixie, seriously, if you don't understand or at least have some grasp on humour then
just don't say anything at all. Seriously.

Like chrishirst, he can be not so moderate, but I get/understand his humour and debate.

I don't turn round and say.."ooohhh let's get all serious and STOP trying to cause trouble".

#11 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,062 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

I say purposeful link building in 2013 is mainly spam, you say it isn't. So let's hear how you go about it so we can see if it's spammy or not.

As I've said before, I agree that websites need links to do well in Google. I just don't believe that the thing that people call "link building" is the way to go about it. 

#12 SelfMade

SelfMade

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

I say purposeful link building in 2013 is mainly spam, you say it isn't. So let's hear how you go about it so we can see if it's spammy or not.

As I've said before, I agree that websites need links to do well in Google. I just don't believe that the thing that people call "link building" is the way to go about it. 

This is what I class as spam:

Fiverr, "I'll blast your link to 7,000 directories on autopilot and build another pyramid with senuke pointing at another pyramid with a linkwheel pointing at that, but this is tiered so it's not pointed at your website...oh and it's panda safe by the way" :sorry:

That's what I call spam.

Strategically placed linking that ALL SEO's do (I'm not an SEO) is not spam.

Edited by SelfMade, 21 January 2013 - 01:59 PM.

#13 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,062 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

I wasn't wondering what you call spam, but what you call link building. How do you "strategically place links"? 

Leave comments? Forum signatures? Directory links? 

#14 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,223 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

I challenge you to post a site with a competitive keyphrase that is OWNED by YOU and is ranking well.

No idea of one, I haven't checked "rankings" of ANY URLs since 2003, so unless you have an interest in ancient history .......

Every SEO in the country is building links.

Only the clueless ones and those who haven't figured out what marketing and optimising really is. UNLESS by 'country' you are referring to India, Pakistan, Phillipines, etc. etc.

#15 SelfMade

SelfMade

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

I wasn't wondering what you call spam, but what you call link building. How do you "strategically place links"? 

Leave comments? Forum signatures? Directory links? 

I only comment if I see something worth commenting on, but no, that's not what I do.

I couldn't possibly blow my link building strategy wide open for free, there are too many

forum lurkers.

But "Strategic" by definition "strategic" is Strategic.

Take that any way you want.

UNLESS by 'country' you are referring to India, Pakistan, Phillipines, etc. etc.

No that's spam.

Edited by SelfMade, 21 January 2013 - 03:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!