• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Editor Controlled Article Marketing Websites (E.g. Ezine Articles).

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TextRepublic

TextRepublic

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:51 AM

Hi again,

Thanks for the help with my previous question Jill. I have another one and probably a million more but answering this one would be great for now.

From reading many of your blog posts I now understand that publishing articles to article marketing websites that do not have editorial control on them is now useless. However does the same thing apply to respected article marketing websites such as Ezine Articles?

I generally reformat my blog posts and submit them to ezine and a few others.... am I wasting my time? By the way I'm not talking about nonsense articles that are just there to try and get backlinks these are industry specific quality (well I think so anyway!) articles and totally original.

Thanks again,

Conor

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,641 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

Ideally, your goal should be for the most part just to publish to your own site, but you have to build an audience first, and publishing on more popular sites is a step in that direction. But try to find sites that are popular and authoritative within your particular niche rather than general sites that exist just to have a place to publish anything.

Edited by qwerty, 14 January 2013 - 12:42 PM.

#3 TextRepublic

TextRepublic

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

I write for my own blog first and foremost and then I publish to a few different websites... generally marketing and business focused ones. Distributing my content is important for all the obvious reasons but so is ranking for certain terms. So my question still stands does Google pay attention to linkes within articles on respected article website such as ezine articles or not?

Thank you for the response is very much appreciated.

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,063 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

respected article website such as ezine articles

Pretty sure there's no such thing as "respected" article sites, including that one. They've been abused too much.

What Google counts and doesn't, however, is anyone's guess.

#5 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,229 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts..."

Albert Einstein:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!