• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Backlink On 301 Redirect

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Marchy

Marchy

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

Hi, i had 4 websites and wanted to maintain just one.

So i redirected 3 of them to the main one. I was wondering if the (juice)backlinks from the other sites are transfering completely to the one transfered to. It was 301 redirect.

Should i contact the sites owners where the links to the 3 sites are and ask them to change the link destination to the main site?

Would it be advantages to have them all linking directly to the main site?

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,628 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

Not completely, but pretty close to completely. I can't give you an actual percentage of the amount of juice you lose in the redirect, but Google has said that it's not much. Have they said that it's such a small amount that you absolutely don't need to give it a moment's thought? Well... no, but they also haven't said that it's worth worrying about.

I'd say that if you can get your backlinks updated, then do, but don't waste too much time or effort on it.

What I would worry about (and this doesn't directly relate to your particular situation) is if your own internal links hit redirects, or if an XML sitemap you've submitted to search engines contains URLs that redirect. I think that's definitely worth the effort of fixing.

• Jill likes this

#3 Marchy

Marchy

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

Thanks I will contact the owners to link directly to the site. When you do a change of address in the webmaster tool. They suggest to contact the site's owner to redirect the links to the new site. I guess they do not say this for no reason :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!