• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

My Whole Blog Content Copied And My Ranking Is Dropped

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 sohailmurree8

sohailmurree8

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

I posted a good unique content on blog and get good ranking in google search engine results but all of sudden someone stole my all the / most of the content and made another blog of his/her own and my traffic dropped down even my ranking fall down and for certain keywords my blog is not being shown in google search while the copied content blog is shown in search results and that blog is also higher on ranking than mine. Furthermore my pages are now not being indexed by the google or taking much time to be indexed. I want to give here the link but cant do this because it may broke the [url=http://www.highrankings.com/forum/index.php?act=boardrules]Forum Rules[/url]. So please help me out this problem. 

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,877 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

You'll need to file a DMCA complaint about it to Google.

#3 sohailmurree8

sohailmurree8

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

Dear Admin (Jill) thanks for your reply 

But i have already done this

and got a reply from DMCA complain that your request has been processed

but after that no action was taken i reported a single page so that i can check it that it will be removed from the search result but after waiting 2 months the page is still in the search result so from my personal experience i can say that DMCA is now more valid for copyrighted work.

Any other suggestion will be welcomed.

#4 Mikl

Mikl

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

You might find some useful advice here: Dealing with copyright infringements of your web page or blog

Mike

#5 sohailmurree8

sohailmurree8

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:03 AM

Thanks Mikl I checked the article but it all state about the dmca no other thing dmca is not working. I am looking for the policy which one should adopt after failing to get the required result from dmca

thanks

#6 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,877 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

If the DMCA doesn't work, then it's likely they don't believe the copy is your own. You may want to start over from scratch and write completely new content. (Either that or do a better job proving that you wrote the first stuff.)

#7 Mikl

Mikl

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

Just to be clear, the link that Jill gave you - and a similar link in the article I referenced - was not directly related to the DMCA. It was a link to Google's content removal tool. You use that tool to request removal of any content from a Google "property" that you consider is illegal or inappopriate - in this case, the "property" being their search results. It won't stop the blog from appearing, but it should remove it from Google's search.

Another option would be to file a DMCA notice directly with the blog operators, or their web hosting company, or the operators of their blogging platform. The article I mentioned tells you how to do that. But note that it is only effective if the company in question is a US one, since the DMCA is an American law.

If all fails, you could - in theory - sue the people who copied your blog (assuming you can identify them). More likely, you would follow Jill's advice and create entirely new content. Let's hope that won't be necessary.

Mike

#8 sohailmurree8

sohailmurree8

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

Yes Mikl I got the point its actually mean to appeal a case to google for removing the pages from google search result. 

And if i did not fulfill the criteria why they said that your complain has been accepted for action and will be processed accordingly.

Secondly i just complained only one page and that page was appearing first than my original content blog in that case they (google) prefer the first result to be original and that may be the case they did not removed the page from the search result.

Anyhow what the case may be i have another question which i could not mention in the first post and that is 

"How should i complain the whole blog"

as the whole blog was copied from my content whether i should complain one by one each and every post or there is a way to complain the whole blog at once.

Thanks to most respectable Admin (Jill) and Mikl for your interest in problem

#9 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,877 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

You might have the best luck by finding out who their host is and sending in whatever paperwork they need to process a copyright infringement claim. It's against all hosting companies terms of service to violate others copyright or trademark. Therefore if you can prove the content is yours, they'll likely shut down the other blog.

#10 sohailmurree8

sohailmurree8

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:49 AM

The blog is hosted by the blogger (Google) and the only way to contact the google for this purpose is through dmca. 

Now i want to know whether i should start a new complain to dmca for the whole copied blog (whole blog contained my copyrighted material) or i should complain one by one each and every article.

Is it possible to complain the whole blog at once.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!