• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Are Banner Ad Links Crawled By Google?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 writerlilly

writerlilly

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

Hi. I work as a link builder for an SEO agency. We have a client who works with a lot of vendors, and I'm trying to see if I can garner a link from those vendors back to my client's site.

However, the vendors tend to link using banner logos. I was taught that Google cannot read these "images". But when you thinki about it, a banner has an image URL as well as a location URL.

So I right-clicked on one of the banner logos, copied link location, opened up the view source page, Control F'd to find the link, pasted into the find box, and there it was.

So that tells me the location URL within a Banner Logo is indexible and can be crawled by the search engines.

Right?

Or no?

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,005 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

Probably it's fine, but most of the time banner logo ads go through a tracking script and/or JavaScript. 

If you're paying for the banner ad too, it wouldn't be a good link for SEO purposes as Google would consider that a paid link.

#3 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,628 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:37 PM

Google may treat it as a paid link even if it isn't paid, but there's nothing you can do about that. But if they do count it, keep in mind that its alt attribute is important in telling Google what the page being linked to is about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!