• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Please Review My Site

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Argos

Argos

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:35 AM

Please review: www.marmaris-transfers.com

General
Is this site completed or under construction?

It's complete.

If completed:
The website has been up since 2003 and of course have been changing from time to time?

SEO
Do you have incoming links?

Yes, i have collected many links through the years and i tried to collect links from related sites as much as i can.

What keywords are you targeting?

marmaris, transfers, dalaman, airport, transportation, regional destinations which i tried to separate to other pages and combination of this keywords.

Do you want your code reviewed for errors or improvements?

Yes please.

Marketing
Who is your target audience? Think about:
Nationality:  All but 90% of our customers are European
Age Range: 16+
Income/Education level: All
Likes/Dislikes: Travelling, and comfort.

The more you tell us about your target audience, the better. We don't know them- you do!

Why is your site different from sites selling/offering similar info/goods/services? Why will someone want to do business you?

We have been doing this for many years and have good reputation and have customer satisfaction is our top priority and we guarantee no hidden surprises.

How important is usability?

Its quite important so the customers can find what they want as smooth as possible.

What is the purpose of the site? (inform, sell, online community, support B&M business, contact info only, etc)

To sell private airport transfer service.

Design
Do you want design suggestions?

Yes please.

My Comments

My website used to rank very well until the penguin update and i believe it got hit by duplicate content issue, since i have regional airport transfers and i use pages according to which destination they will travel to and depending on the search result change the destination name and use same page it really doesnt make any point to make different unique content pages for every destination. I think its the (madlib spam) i try now to noindex this destinations. But its annoying since this pages makes sense to my customers but obviously not google.

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,619 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

I don't think duplicate content on the regional transfers pages is the issue, because I looked at two of them and they both point to marmaris-transfers.com/transfers/results.php as canonical. So you've already dealt with the fact that the pages for different regions are mostly the same, but I'm not certain you've done so in the best way possible, as the canonical page isn't particularly useful, except as a place from which users can get to the page they really want.

I'm not suggesting I know of a better way to deal with this. I'd probably need to spend a lot more time poking around in the site to come up with a better suggestion. I'm just saying that duplicate content on that particular set of pages is most likely not the cause of a Panda issue (and from your description, this would be Panda and not Penguin, I believe).

#3 Argos

Argos

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

Thank you for your answer, I forgot to mention that I added the canonical and noindex tags one week ago and will hope that see the effect after the next google refresh.

#4 1dmf

1dmf

Keep Asking, Keep Questioning, Keep Learning

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

And I'll chime in with the usual "Your website isn't valid"

http://validator.w3....=Inline&group=0

Though if you are going to use facebook or G+1 , you have to accept that their invalid bespoke tags will never validate!

#5 SelfMade

SelfMade

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

"What keywords are you targeting? marmaris, transfers, dalaman, airport, transportation, regional destinations which i tried to separate to other pages and combination of this keywords."

I'm the resident idiot but are you targeting those keywords I've bolded as individual keywords?

Because a Keyword like Airport, is going to be near on impossible to rank for no matter what.

#6 Argos

Argos

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

"What keywords are you targeting? marmaris, transfers, dalaman, airport, transportation, regional destinations which i tried to separate to other pages and combination of this keywords."

I'm the resident idiot but are you targeting those keywords I've bolded as individual keywords?

Because a Keyword like Airport, is going to be near on impossible to rank for no matter what.

Hi there, no its combinations i am after, marmaris transfers, dalaman airport transfer etc.

And I'll chime in with the usual "Your website isn't valid"

http://validator.w3....=Inline&group=0

Though if you are going to use facebook or G+1 , you have to accept that their invalid bespoke tags will never validate!

Yeah good advice i need to this also..

My biggest concern is the duplicate content issue which i try resolve with canonical link, but by doing that i have lost regional combination keywords. (i try to avoid madlib spam) 

Edited by Argos, 16 January 2013 - 01:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!