• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

The Buttons Included With The Cms - Facebook, Twitter, Google +

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bobmeetin

bobmeetin

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

Many CMS systems include various buttons which you can enable/disable by flipping a switch. They are simple buttons with no options - Facebook Like, Twitter and Google Plus. In effect, you can enable the trio on a website which isn't social media connected, has no FB, Tw or G+ accounts or profiles.

Q1) Is there much/any benefit to be had by enabling the triplets with no other social media involvement?

Q2) For the small business that really does not have the time/funds for social media, how much is minimally necessary?

Q3) Third party SM management - how does it work when a business farms out SM? Do they hire someone to tweet as them, post to FB, G+ as them?  What is the norm? How much can the third party who isn't a subject matter expert of the business do for them?

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,103 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:21 AM

A1) - Only if you have existing REAL visitors from 'social sites'  who may want to tell their "friends".

A2) Absolutely none at all.

A3) If you can't be arsed looking after and/or 'interacting' with your 'friends' why would a third party be bothered???

Real people can tell the difference between genuine communication and 'interaction' and 'bot' posts.

#3 bobmeetin

bobmeetin

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

A1) yes of course

A2) Of course this is no technical minimum, and perhaps my question was overly vague, but will total lack of involvement either have negative impact or not result in positive impact?

A3) Yes, thus the question... I have a collection of SEO spam which I'm packing away for a rainy day. Many/most include FB, Twitter, G+ in their service list. I have also been working, claiming businesses, from a batch of local services, Google, Yahoo for sure, also some like YP and Citysearch.  With some that I'm recovering, they have gone and created makeshift Twitter and Facebook accounts, unbeknownst to the business owner. I'm having a little trouble envisioning how they are managing these artificial accounts.  I have a hard enough time focusing on mine.  Sounds good on paper and when you're closing the deal but ..........................

#4 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,103 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

Well, I do some occasional "input" with a local company who do;

zero "social" media

zero "blogging".

zero forum posting

zero 'optimisation'

and turnover £5,000 a month from one website.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!