• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Sudden Drop In Traffic And Very Low Pagerank

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DerrickCampbell

DerrickCampbell

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:45 AM

Hi,

My website for guitar lessons, seems to have had a sudden decrease in traffic, and after doing a little research, I found out my pagerank is only 1.  I'm wondering if it's because I also created a website for one of the places I teach at and for my band and put links between them in relevant places.  That is, on the bio section of the band website, I mention that I teach guitar lessons and more information about my guitar lessons can be found by clicking on a link to the guitar lesson website.  Also, a former student of mine started a new website for people learning how to play various instruments, so I wrote a blog post about his website, and then in turn included me in his teacher directory. 

Do these actions violate Google's policies?  And even if they do, would they have sent me some sort of an email alerting me to this, or would they just drop my rank?  I'm also wondering if there is something else I've done wrong in the construction of the site. 

Are there SEO companies that are willing to do an audit of an existing website for a reasonable fee and then tell people like me what actions to take to make the site comply with Google's guidelines?

I didn't mention the names of the websites because I wasn't sure if that was allowed.

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,790 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:54 AM

First off. PageRank of the SGB variety is nothing at all to do with traffic.

Do these actions violate Google's policies?

Nope.

Is the loss of traffic from SE referrals or all sources.

Edited by chrishirst, 24 December 2012 - 05:54 AM.

#3 Alan Perkins

Alan Perkins

Token male admin

• Admin
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:14 AM

Are there SEO companies that are willing to do an audit of an existing website for a reasonable fee and then tell people like me what actions to take to make the site comply with Google's guidelines?

Yes, pretty much any admin or moderator on these forums will do that for you.  A good first step would be to get yourself a webmaster tools account (if you haven't already).  See:

https://www.google.c...bmasters/tools/

With access to that account, a decent SEO should be able to diagnose your problems much faster (e.g. you may be able to make use of Jill's telephone clinic).  I'd suggest getting the account set up over the holiday period, then coming back.

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,917 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

Do these actions violate Google's policies?  

No they don't. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!