• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Avoid Duplicate Content

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 tyggis

tyggis

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

I have a site where Google tells me there are a lot of unnatural linking and now the site does not rank at all any more.

So I want to move the content to another domain to give the content a fresh start, and build that site up from scratch with no unatural linking.

I dont know what links are natural and what links are unatural so doing the disavow thing in Google Webmasters is not an option.

I do not want to use 301 redirection from the old site to the new site because then maybe Google think that I want to transfer the unnatural link juice to the new site.

I am even considering to ask if Google can just make all inlinks not count on the old site, but is it possible that they will do that?

What would be the best solution for me?

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,926 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

Sure, you could just start from scratch on a new domain and take down your old one all together. 

#3 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,595 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:52 AM

I dont know what links are natural and what links are unatural so doing the disavow thing in Google Webmasters is not an option.

Might want to do some more studying on this issue, as well, so you don't end up making the same linking mistakes with the new domain as with the old. :)

--Torka :propeller:

#4 tyggis

tyggis

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

Thanks Jill.

Should I delete the articles on my old site and then wait until Google dont index them any more before I post them at the new site?

And I dont want to take down the old site. I will keep it as an info base for a few articles I dont need to rank (that articles will not move to the new site).

Will that have any influence on a duplicate issue?

Another issue. If some sites have copied my articles, I suppose my new site will not be considered having original content, then maybe the sites that copied my articles will be considered as the source of the content? Any thoughts on that?

Might want to do some more studying on this issue, as well, so you don't end up making the same linking mistakes with the new domain as with the old. :)

--Torka :propeller:

For sure, I will not hire people for building links ... :-)

#5 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,926 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:29 PM

Should I delete the articles on my old site and then wait until Google dont index them any more before I post them at the new site?

I don't think it really matters. Just remove them and put the on your new site. 

Why don't you want to get rid of the old site all together?

#6 tyggis

tyggis

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:46 AM

The old site is from 2008 and old domains rank better right? So I am thinking that I maybe should ask Google to disregard all incoming links and have a clean start there too.

If they cannot do that I want to use the site as an archive and info database for my customers, it is a good domain name.

I am still worries about this: If some sites have copied my articles, I suppose my new site will not be considered having original content, then maybe the sites that copied my articles will be considered as the source of the content? Any thoughts on that?

#7 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,833 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:03 AM

The old site is from 2008 and old domains rank better right?

Wrong.

it is a good domain name.

Obviously not that good otherwise why would you want to change it?

AND ranking is the very last  thing you should be basing such a decision upon.

#8 tyggis

tyggis

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

Ok then, old sites dont rank better that new ones. Good to know.

The domain name is good for my use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!