• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Already Hight But Concerned Now About Duplicate Pages On Other Sites

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 IanS

IanS

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

I develop and sell a software product. I won't mention it here.

My website is already quite high on google for most of the keywords anyone could use when searching for my product.

So I'm not trying to get higher but I'm concerned now that around 200 (and rising) other websites (Shareware archives etc) have published a product description (Around 200 words) about my product/site and also a direct linnk to my home page.

The text they use is similar but not identical to my own content - after all, there's only so many many ways to describe a blue widgit.

What I mean is that their content isn't the same as mine but they all have the same content as each other - if you see what I mean.

I have no control over the other sites.

Am I likely to get penalized ? Or could this in fact help me get even higher although that isn't really my concern - I just want to stay where I am :)

Thank you

Ian

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,627 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

Unless you get a message in Webmaster Tools (which I hope you're using) indicating that Google has issues with your link profile, I doubt it's anything to worry about. Those sites that are describing your product with more or less the same text could suffer from the situation, as it's up to them to stand out from the rest of the crowd, and publishing the same content isn't the way to do that.

As long as your own content is unique, I think the worst thing you have to worry about is the links from those other sites failing to help rather than actually hurting you.

#3 Alan Perkins

Alan Perkins

Token male admin

• Admin
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

around 200 (and rising) other websites (Shareware archives etc) have published a product description (Around 200 words) about my product/site and also a direct linnk to my home page.

That's great.  You're in good shape, as long as they link to you in that way. :)

#4 fastreplies

fastreplies

HR 2

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

I have no control over the other sites.

and that is why you shouldn't worry about how others use info about your product

but rather be happy they are doing that thus helping you with traffic and hopefully sail.

:)

fastreplies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!