• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Is Linking A Blog To Facebook / Twitter A Good Idea?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 taj87

taj87

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:58 AM

I've started running a blog to help improved the rankings of my website, and it's working really well.  Should I link this blog to Facebook and Twitter?  ...I've heard duplicate content on different websites can be harmful

Thanks

#2 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,635 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

How would linking the blog create duplicate content? :hmm:

Unless your posts are under 140 characters each (which wouldn't make for a very useful blog, frankly) anything you post on the blog couldn't possibly be duplicated on Twitter. And simply posting an "executive summary" along with a link on FB isn't duplicate content either. In fact, posting announcements of new blog posts on Twitter, FB and other social media streams may well help bring additional traffic to your blog.

--Torka :propeller:

#3 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,635 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

I'm not sure what you're asking. Neither Twitter nor Facebook are places that people generally "blog" directly, at least not in the way most people understand the word "blogging." So I'm not clear on what you mean by "creating a blog to social sites."

You create a blog about a topic that interests you, or that pertains to your business. You can do this any number of ways. For instance, you could create an account at Wordpress.com or on Blogger. Alternatively, if you already have a website, it's likely that your web hosting company offers the installation of blog software through their control panel, so you could create the blog on  your own domain. (This is generally preferable for businesses.)

Then, when you update the blog, you also post notices to Twitter, Facebook and other social media channels to let your followers there who might  not be subscribed to your blog's RSS feed know there's a new blog post. There are plugins and add-ons that will do this automatically, or you can manually write and post the updates yourself.

That's all there is to it. It's all very straightforward, really.

--Torka :propeller:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!