• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Make-Shift Employee Portal Affecting Analytics

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wtfbingo

wtfbingo

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

Good morning everyone! I'm an amateur/self-taught webmaster/seo/sem who has a question that may seem very beginner, but I want to completely make sure.

Right now, our company website is set up to have an employee portal available on the main site. The URL to this portal is w w w.mycompany.com/employees.h t m l. I wanted to change it to employees . mycompany . com, but I am afraid to lose any "repeat visitor" search engine ranking. I am confident that we would regain any lost rankings after the transition, but the owners of our company are very concerned when they see a dip. When I brought up the idea of moving the employee portal, one of the owners even brought up that he didn't want to "lose ranking" because of the switch.

I know setting up a subdomain can help make our analytics more accurate, but does this create a "new website" to search engines? Will it affect my rankings, or will it all look the same to search engines?

Thank you!

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,928 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

Is the employee portal even publicly available? if so, why? If not, it doesn't matter to search engines.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!