• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Article/blog Post Question

Best Answer Jill , 19 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

As long as the site itself has enough authority and a decent amount of PageRank (the real kind not toolbar) then it should be fine to allow others to use the content.

You should be sure to do the whole Google authorship thing, however (rel=author) to ensure that Google knows who owns the content. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jadee77

Jadee77

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

Hi,

I am working with a company who has a blogger that does great, fun to read content. It's much less about their business than about living wisely, making good decisions and a few business tips in there as well.

While I know some of their visitors read the blog I feel the blogs are interesting enough that it would be nice to see them spotlighted elsewhere too - like a local Patch or local newspaper site for instance. I realize we'd be duplicating the content to a new place but am thinking the value of their content being seen in a larger circle may outweigh that since more people might start seeing their name and associating them with that good content.

Any feedback as to the merits or drawbacks of having that content in more than one place OR ideas for doing this in a smarter way.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,929 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:11 PM   Best Answer

As long as the site itself has enough authority and a decent amount of PageRank (the real kind not toolbar) then it should be fine to allow others to use the content.

You should be sure to do the whole Google authorship thing, however (rel=author) to ensure that Google knows who owns the content.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!