• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Text Or No Text In Header Graphic?

Best Answer chrishirst , 18 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

Put the same text in the alt attribute. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 skipj

skipj

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

I am nearly finished a website makeover - all I have to do now is replace my header/banner which is the major piece of art at the top of each webpage.

The old banner is a jpeg with no text, and I'm using a text overlay with a short description of the site that includes a key phrase. So that raw HTML includes my key phrase intact for all spiders to see.

My artist has designed a beautiful new replacement banner jpeg, complete with text. So if I use the new banner there will be one less line of optimized text in my source code since I will have to delete the HTML text overlay.

Should I care?

I'm reading recent posts about how SEO may be dead, etc., which makes me think the new banner won't kill my current good SEO juice. I do get great natural rankings today for all sorts of permutations of my main key phrase, including lots of excellent (10 out of 10) keyword quality scores in Adwords for those same permutations. So I think Google likes my site as it is. But I really need the wonderful new banner in order to appeal to those pesky humans who arrive at the site.

So, really, should I care?

Thanks

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,103 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:53 PM   Best Answer

Put the same text in the alt attribute.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,