• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Thinking About The Geo Effects Of Hosting When Owning The 1St Page

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hex

Hex

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

I have been doing a bit of an seo experiment for the old cv/resume as I am hoping to make a big career jump and things like this impress people in interviews I find as you can illustrate a genuine interst but there is something I wanted to see if anyone would give me some thoughts on.

I know that the location you are hosted in can have a really big impact on the rankings you get.

I am optimizing for a local term in the UK in the format of:

industry town

I wanted to see if I could take over the 1st page with social media accounts and the actual site, so far, so good as far as the site goes, its climbing really well.

I was hoping to get the twitter account and then the linkedin page up there too but have noticed something.

These pages do not show on the UK google at all in the top 100 but in the google.com they are both on the 1st page, ironically the site is outside of the top 100 on .com but top 20 for the term in co.uk

As Twitter and Linkedin are both hosted in the US (I am guessing) it seems that this effects their ability to rank in the UK.

When you dont have much control over a site/social property, other than seeking local backlinks are there any tips on getting google to see these type of accounts as UK based?

#2 OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy

Work is Fun

• 4,713 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

Link to your profile pages from Uk based IP's and Uk based properties. that will help drag their Geographic importance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!