• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Someone From Indonesia Linked To Me Site -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 lister

lister

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:00 AM

And their site looks pretty good - looks fairly authoritative and non-spammy.

What do you think SE's think about getting links from Indonesia sites for example - are they immediately suspicious or do they just tend to ignore them b/c they send over bots rarely to that neck of the wood?

I know a link is a link is a link but was curious as to where an international link would fit within a hierarchical scale?

Edited by lister, 06 November 2012 - 08:12 AM.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,882 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:16 AM

They won't "think" anything about one link. They just do the usual PR check and adjustment and go from there.

#3 Mikl

Mikl

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

Just out of curiosity, what is it about Indonesia in particular that's worrying you? If you have a large, well-established site, you've presumaly got links from many different countries. Why did you specifically pick on Indonesia for your question? Do you know something about Indonesia that the rest of us don't?

I'm not trying to make a point. I'm just curious about your reasons for asking this question.

Mike

#4 ErinDecker

ErinDecker

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:16 AM

We have something similar going on, but the sites do appear spammy and have zero relevance.  We provide regional services, so there is really no reason for anyone to link to us from Russia (.ru) or Indonesia or the Ukraine, etc. that I am seeing in our reports.  Also, the link names that are coming to us seem VERY spammy - such things as poker sites, lucky tickets, cooking meat, and other random URLs that have nothing to do with our business. 

Any ideas on why this may be going on, if we should be concerned about this as far as our rankings are concerned and/or if there is anything we can do about it?

#5 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,581 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

No idea why they'd link to you, but if you have an otherwise normal link profile, a few links from dodgy sources shouldn't hurt you.

If you're really concerned about them to the point that it's interfering with your sleep (or if you don't have many good links from elsewhere to offset the bogus links) you can use the link disavow tools at Google and Bing to tell the search engines you had nothing to do with the "bad" links.

Generally though, most sites don't need to worry unless it's an overwhelming number of bogus links or you have a particularly weak link profile otherwise.

--Torka :propeller:

#6 ErinDecker

ErinDecker

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

Thanks, Torka.  I will look through the last few months and see what the percentage of bad links are. 

#7 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,882 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

I wouldn't worry about it. Google usually knows about those kinds of scraper links, etc. and they generally don't hurt or count for anything. 

Presumably you have good links as well?

#8 ErinDecker

ErinDecker

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

Yes, definitely.  It's just frustrating to see referring sites in the reports that have nothing to do with our company, and truly appear to be spam. Our traffic hasn't been affected from what I've seen, so I'm sure that you are correct, Jill.  I would check out the sites, but fear that I'll wind up with some crazy virus - not worth it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!