• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Checking Your Site Hasn't Been Hacked?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lister

lister

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

How many people reading this actually do something about making sure your site hasn't been hacked and what do you do about it?

Nothing is safe on the web, period. If an attacker is determined they will get your site and data - its just a question of patience from the attacker and making it more difficult our end. However, with that being said, what do you guys do to monitor?

Check logs, dowlonad your site and flick through the pages for any weird php links or something, run a script?

Id be interested thanks...

My MO here is to check very often, keep back-ups, change FTP/ SSH passwords and keep monitoring!

Nothing scares me more than my site getting hacekd and all that SEO love that went in going to waste.

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,775 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

As defacers only try to hit one document, the index and there is only a few standard names using a different name for the index page will stop the average script kiddy defacer.

Also setting the file permission down tightly and having them read only is another avoidance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!