• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Need Help Creating Good Content For Boring Products Or Sevices

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gedstrom

gedstrom

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

My son and I often have discussions about how to create good content for business websites that have products and services that are not very exciting. He does website work for a company that makes large playground equipment for schools and municipalities. Also, I just talked to a potential client that drills wells. He is very smart and does a great job. However, I do not know how to create great content that will drive traffic to his site or create "link-bate" as Jill says. Well drilling is pretty boring. My thought is that people don't care about well drilling. They just want someone to find water at the bottom of a hole. I doubt that anyone will want to link to his site or follow him on facebook.

Any suggestions for great content and how to get links to product and service websites that have little appeal to the general public?

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,863 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:32 PM

Here are a few related articles that might spur some ideas:

67 Ideas for Blog Topics

Ending Social Media Marketing Confusion

Getting Ahead in Google: Dare to Be Different

Just Say No to SEO Articles!

#3 gedstrom

gedstrom

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

Jill,

Thank you for the quick reply. I will definitely read these articles.

#4 nib

nib

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

Yes, agreed. It can be boring. You are right in saying that people will probably just want to find someone to get the water beneath the hole. Here's an approach you may try. You could write articles on "how to find the right well driller", "how to find that well driller and save money", "what to expect from your drilling professional", and such articles. In other words, it is a roundabout approach. You offer something of value to your readers, without making them get into the main subject.

#5 nazz

nazz

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

I try to find helpful topics that most people wouldn't think of.

Had a furniture seller as a client. Did some of the obvious topic pages (matching living room pieces, etc.) but also posted a long piece on color in general. What is color, how does it work, lightwaves, etc. It turned out great, graphics and all, and applied to the site. No problem coming up with good internal links. ... The other topics I found on various furniture sites, but not that one.

At worst it kept me amused!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!