• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Disavow Link Tool

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 paintyourlife

paintyourlife

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:49 AM

Hi Jill and guys,

My site was seriously lost rankings on April 24th (Penguin update). I have about 10,000 links pointing to it and I've realized that almost 3000 of them coming from domains with PR0! (probably due to some shady SEO companies that used to build links for us in the past)

I have tried to remove as many of them as I could during the past few months, but that's not an easy task.

The thing is: I have never received a message from Google in GWT about this site. It just lost its rankings (from being 1st in many keywords to being ranked 10th - I mean, not lost completely)

Now, with the new disavow link tool, should I use the disavow tool although I haven't received a message from Google?

Then, if I use it, should I submit a reconsideration request although I never received a message from them?

Thanks a lot for any help!

Assaf

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,775 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

Now, with the new disavow link tool, should I use the disavow tool although I haven't received a message from Google?

Matt Cutts suggested that it was only necessary if you received the unnatural links notice. They are sending that to 100% of people who have a manual spam penalty.

So I would say it's probably not necessary to use it. But I suppose if they're really spammy you could use it anyway.

I don't believe there'd be any reason to file a reconsideration request because there's no manual spam action.

#3 OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy

Work is Fun

• 4,713 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:04 PM

I am running some tests on the disavow facility, not sure at all what the outcome will be, if anything. Tha maddest part of all is that all G had to do was simply ignore links.

#4 Mikl

Mikl

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:49 AM

For what it's worth, I'm also in the process of running a simple test.

I have a site which has some dodgy links pointing to it. I have never received an unnatural link message from Google, but just for fun I thought I'd disavow the links anyway. I'll monitor the situation, and see what happens.

I suspect that, in this particular case, disavowing these links won't have any effect, but I'll report back if it does.

Mike

#5 JohnO

JohnO

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

New here ! :fool:

Where is the disavow tool found - Webmaster tools ?

Thanks !!
John

#6 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,775 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:11 AM

https://www.google.c...avow-links-main

#7 JohnO

JohnO

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:28 AM

Thanks Jill & for your help signing up. !

#8 shimlad

shimlad

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:40 AM

A couple of you lovely peeps mentioned you were doing tests on the disavow tool in this thread, did any of you notice anything as a result of this?

#9 thx1138

thx1138

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:03 AM

I'd be interested to know as well as I've noticed we've recently acquired some spammy directory links, presumably added maliciously by someone.

Frustratingly the site's answer to removing them is to post your details in a public forum on the site which is simply full of spammy advert posts.  I'm fairly confident if I post there it will be ignored and simply create more spammy links to our site.

We haven't received a warning from Google so I am in two minds whether or not to use the disavow tool.

Charlie

Edited by thx1138, 25 May 2013 - 05:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!