• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Role Of Social Bookmarking In Seo After Penguin Update

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 addy80

addy80

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:28 AM

hi guys,

i have a question that i have been doing Social bookmarking past couple of years..and i got very good result of Social bookmarking in my SEO campaign.

but now i am confused my some site still have on very good position and some site got a penality.

can any one give me advice what stragedy we can use to do social bookmarking for SEO. my friend told me that do not build links from 1 I.P address beacouse google identify that where your links coming from.he said social bookmarkin shows user behaviour if you build links from 1 i.p address google suspect your links bad...is it true or not?

Thanks in advance.!

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,916 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:04 AM

Social bookmarking has nothing to do with SEO.

#3 addy80

addy80

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:16 PM

ok..so why people say that social bookmarking is the part of your SEo campaign.without social bookmarking SEO is nothing..its a instant backlinks..i think social bookmarking we can use for getting direct traffic not for SEO.we can use informational base "anchore text keyword" also can post a our blog url instead of our site url.

am i right?

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,916 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:10 AM

ok..so why people say that social bookmarking is the part of your SEo campaign.

They don't. Only dopes who don't understand what SEO is say that. For one thing, social bookmarking site are all nofollow links, so right there that makes them have nothing to do with SEO.

For another they're links anyone can get themselves therefore why would Google want to count them as any sort of vote?

#5 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,587 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:11 AM

Uhmmm, no.

"People" say a lot of things. That doesn't necessarily make it true. There are lots and lots of useful things you can do toward optimizing your site that have nothing to do with social bookmarking. No offense intended, but the Idea that SEO is "nothing" without social bookmarking is absurd.

Social bookmarking may be good for bringing you traffic (depending on where you submit the link) but even then it's doubtful most of that traffic will convert into sales. With Google's latest updates, any sort of "instant" backlink that you yourself can create is not likely to count for much in your favor. And if the only links you have are these kinds of "cheap links," it could very well actually hurt your site.

SEO is about making your site the best it can be -- usable, well laid out, engaging, informative, entertaining, comprehensive, etc. -- and effectively promoting what you've got so you can attract links from other high-quality, well-managed sites.

--Torka :propeller:
  • amysmomaster likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!