• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Structured Data Testing Tool - Extracted Author Incorrect

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nozmo

Nozmo

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:25 AM

I recently tried to claim authorship of content on our website using Google+. Using the Structured Data Tool I entered our Google+ ID as requested. However, I am running into a situation where Google has "extracted" an author we have no idea who it is - Stephanie Davis. We have looked at blog posts and articles to see if this name appears anywhere - but cannot find this name. We have 97 blog posts all with written with myself as author.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix or correct this - or what steps should be taken, or where to get information about this particualr issue?

I have attached a copy of the results from the SDTT, if that is helpful.

Thanks

#2 cfreek

cfreek

AAAHHHH!!1one1!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:56 AM

I see that name has spammed your posts and pages with "Great idea!" as a comment. I would suggest removing all of those and turning on moderated comments, for starters.

On some pages, there is a reference to it in the right sidebar. On other pages, you have to view source to find it.

Edited by cfreek, 09 October 2012 - 09:57 AM.

• Jill likes this

#3 Nozmo

Nozmo

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:06 AM

Thanks....I found a comment from her and deleted it. This lead to to think that most of the comments on this blog are not very good (maybe the ham category). I should probably just delete all of them as well.

Regarding Stephanie Davis, did you see her in more than one comment (am I looking in the wrong place - the comments section on the back end).

Can you pls explain what you mean by a reference to a sidebar - but on same pages you have to view source to find it. We recently added a feature where I could add a right side bar to some pages (to make the site wider) and on same pages not include it - just make the page wider with free-flowing text. I wonder if we did something strange or bad in the coding?

Thanks,

#4 cfreek

cfreek

AAAHHHH!!1one1!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

Can you pls explain what you mean by a reference to a sidebar - but on same pages you have to view source to find it.

I didn't see her comment on some pages when viewing it graphically, but when viewing source I found her name. It could have simply been I overlooked it on some pages with a different layout, as I am not seeing her name anywhere now.

#5 Nozmo

Nozmo

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:49 PM

i went in and deleted her comment - and like magic her name was removed as an extracted author. My name did not appear nor was there a place for email verification - but progress none the less.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!