• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Focusing On One Keyword Per Page

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jg42122

jg42122

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

Hi guys I have a few questions and would like to get an opinion on how my content should be structured.

For example my main keyword is "drop shipping."
Can I have one entire page dedicated to the keyword "drop shipping" and then another page be targeted toward a different keyword that still uses that term, for example "drop shipping companies." then "drop shipping wholesalers" "drop shipping on eBay" each page with totally unique text.

Or

Should I have one page just set up for drop shipping, and use the other keywords that have drop shipping in it on that page as well?

If I go the second route do you think it be ok to have a different page target the keyword "drop ship" or would that be too similar to drop shipping?

I have heard you should not focus more than one page on a keyword so would just like to get an opinion.

Thank you

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,882 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:49 PM

Should I have one page just set up for drop shipping, and use the other keywords that have drop shipping in it on that page as well?

That one. Every page can and should be optimized for many related phrases.

I have heard you should not focus more than one page on a keyword so would just like to get an opinion.

That's completely false and you should probably not listen to anything from that source again!

#3 bdj

bdj

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

Jill thanks for the webinar with Karon T and thank you for this forum.
Along the Keyword question post. If I search for desks and at the bottom of the SERP there are links to other pages / results for desks see example

Searches related to desks
desks for home office are these keyword links good to use on a content page for desks?
home office furniture
writing desks

BDJ

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,882 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

Yes, those related searches are another good way of doing some keyword research.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!