• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

- - - - -

Inbound Marketing Analytics

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_rochell_*

Guest_rochell_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:13 AM

What Is Inbound Marketing and What Does It Do?

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,628 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:56 AM

Inbound marketing is a term that a growing number of people have been using to describe what it is we SEOs do, because as they point out, what we do is no longer limited to search engines.

Basically, the idea is that what we do is provide information for people who are out there looking for it, as opposed to grabbing them and giving them information whether they were looking for it or not, the way something like a commercial spot on television would.

I don't personally care for the term because 1) it's not unique -- telemarketers have used it for decades and 2) I don't think it's sufficiently specific. After all, having a listing in the Yellow Pages could be called inbound marketing, since you're putting your information out there so people will find it when they're looking for it. While we're not just dealing with search engines (and for many of us, that was never the case), we are doing marketing on the web. Consequently, on the days when I don't call myself an SEO, I use terms like "web marketing," "online marketing," or "internet marketing".

#3 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,108 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:02 AM

Just another stupid "buzz phrase" invented by some clueless clown who does not know that the WHOLE POINT OF MARKETING IS to get the attention of potential customers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!