• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Is It Better To Place Content In Webpage Or On A Blog Post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 andreea115

andreea115

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:33 AM

Hi everyone.

i am new to this site but hope to become a regular contributor .

i have a quick questionst

i have heard and read that Google and Yahoo regard "Content As King" and that for a website to rank well, it needs lots of unique content.

i consider myself to be fairly knowledgeable in my chosen proffession and now want to impart this knowledge in a serious of regular articles that i will write.

This brings me to the issue i am confused about, is it better for my ranking and for search engines if i make a seperate webpage for each of my articles ( similar to what wikipedia has done). or can i place this information in regular blogs that i will post on my site.

if the answer is that i should place it in a seperate webpage, then the next question is. then what do i place in the blog?

in short, i am a bit confused about what goes in the blog and what goes on a webpage

thank you for reading this post and i look forward to hearing from everyone.

warm regards

Andreea 115

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,005 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:29 AM

A blog post IS a web page.

#3 andreea115

andreea115

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:36 AM

Hello Jill

that is great.

does that then mean that it does not matter which page i place the content in. i.e through the blog or just on the website.

i worry that blog post are posted too deep into sub-folders i.e mainsite/blog/ blog post/

but if you place a post on a site, it might be somthing like; mainsite/post.

does this not make a diffrence to search engines. i.e the deeper the level of sub folder the less it's indexed.

warm regards

Andreea
for example, if its a blog, would the post not be held deep within many divhe held wtot be oit te

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,005 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:30 AM

Hi Andreea, it's not the number of directories (or folders e.g. /blog/directory/directory/post) that makes a difference to search engines, it's how you link to them.

So if your blog has a good browseable way to archive posts, they shouldn't be too deep in the site. This also presumes that your main site is also linking to your blog within the global navigation.

#5 andreea115

andreea115

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:00 AM

Hey Jill

thank you very much , you have actually answer my question fully. i am now very clear on this issue( i am happy i asked now)

my warmest and sincerest thanks.

andreea

#6 Mikl

Mikl

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:05 AM

Andreea,

I won't try to comment on the SEO issues regarding your question (Jill and the other regulars here know much more than I ever will).

What I would say is that you need to think about how your content will look to your site visitors.

A blog is usually structured as a chronological list of articles, with the most recent one at the top. It will usually have perhaps five to ten articles on the main page. To find other articles, the visitor will generally drill down into sections defined either by keywords or by the date of the article.

This works well if your content is of a topical nature, and you have visitors who come to your site regularly to find the latest news or ideas on the subject.

By contrast, if you create your own website, you can organise your articles in any way you like. In fact, the entire look and feel of the site is under your control. You might, for example, choose to show some permanent introductory text on the main page, with navigation to each of the main sections. That might work well if the content isn't particularly topical, or you don't add new articles very often.

I'm over-simplying this explanation. Depending on your blogging platform and the amount of effort you put into it, you can change the overall structure of the blog to a certain extent.

The main point I'm trying to make is that you should think first and foremost of how your content will look to your visitors, and how they will interact with it, rather than any theoretical considerations about what the search engines might or might not like.

Mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!