• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Is Multiple 301 Redirections Allowed By Google?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cocool

cocool

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:06 AM

Is multiple 301 Redirections to various subfolders in a site allowed by Google?. I have say, ProductReviews dot com and want to "acquire other people sites that already have existing traffic and backlinks" ... say: printer dot com , microwave dot com and treadmill dot com and do permanent redirections to subfolders in ProductReviews dot com

i.e.

ProductReviews dot com/printer
ProductReviews dot com/microwave
ProductReviews dot com/treadmill

Furthermore, I also may want to buy some blogger.com/blogspot sites that already have existing traffic and backlinks and redirect those sites to sub folders in mygadget dot com

i.e.

scanner.blogspot.com redirect to ProductReviews dot com/scanner
tablet.blogspot.com redirect to ProductReviews dot com/tablet

- Can this be done?. Will this hurt or help the SEO of ProductReviews dot com ?
- At maximum, how many sites can redirect to ProductReviews dot com ?

Will subfolder ProductReviews dot com/printer inherit all keyword rankings of printer dot com ?
Will subfolder ProductReviews dot com/microwave inherit all keyword rankings of microwave dot com ?
Will subfolder ProductReviews dot com/treadmill inherit all keyword rankings of treadmill dot com ?
Will subfolder ProductReviews dot com/scanner inherit all keyword rankings of scanner.blogspot.com?
Will subfolder ProductReviews dot com/tablet inherit all keyword rankings of tablet.blogspot.com?

WHY I WANT TO DO THIS
======================
- ProductReviews dot com is a new site and "I need to acquire smaller sites that already have existing traffic and backlinks" so that I can get traffic fast
- To gain trust rank from Google fast.

Edited by cocool, 26 September 2012 - 06:07 AM.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,005 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:13 AM

It's hard to say. Theoretically, if google knows those weren't your sites it would only hurt not help. But I'm not sure if the try to figure stuff like that out. They should, if they don't already as it's definitely a way to subvert their algorithm and therefore web spam.

#3 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,103 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:29 AM

True "multiple redirects" are not handled by ANY user agent, but you are NOT talking about "multiple redirects"

Is multiple 301 Redirections to various subfolders in a site allowed by Google?

that is simply a redirect from URL 'A' to URL 'B' no big deal there, and it doesn't matter whether 1,000,000 URLs redirect to 1,000,000 others or it is just the one URL.
Doesn't the fact that you can redirect ALL non-www URL to the www version or vice-versa, of any domain/hostname no matter how many URLs the website has tell you that?

However If you think that redirecting "keyword" domains or subdomains is going to help you are TOTALLY and utterly wrong.

Can this be done?. Will this hurt or help the SEO of ProductReviews dot com ?

Neither.
But redirecting the visitor traffic could, or will produce conversions.

- ProductReviews dot com is a new site and "I need to acquire smaller sites that already have existing traffic and backlinks" so that I can get traffic fast
- To gain trust rank from Google fast.

Wrong and wrong.

"trust rank"?? what the hell is that anyway????

Edited by chrishirst, 26 September 2012 - 07:32 AM.

#4 slinky

slinky

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:19 PM

"trust rank"?? what the hell is that anyway????

I think he means page rank due to the sites bona fide nature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!