• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone Have Experience With Local Listing Index?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Akuta

Akuta

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:33 AM

I've been working with a few local businesses building their link profile and a lot of citations for local listing ranking. Right now, all of them have significantly more citations than any of their competitors, and are on-par with their top oraganic competitors as far as backlinks go. (Remember this is local businesses so the competition is close to non-existent.)

Regardless of all of this, 2 months down the road I don't see any of them showing in local listings for anything. I have one of them on the second page for their important queries in organic though.

So does anyone have any idea how long local listing rankings take? It feels like Google doesn't know what's going on. I mean I've literally seen companies ranking high for specific search queries in the local listing block that have absolutely nothing to do with the search query. But that block is sucking up so much traffic... arg.

Thanks everyone, hope some local SEO folks are around.

Edited by Akuta, 21 September 2012 - 01:19 PM.

#2 Ludachris

Ludachris

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

From what I've learned in local... have you confirmed that all of your listings are similar in all of the top local directories? Also, do all of the phone numbers in those listings match that of the customer's website? From what I've found all of the contact and address info matching is critical. But then again, I've had mixed results with Google and local. Some work has resulted in improvements afert a few weeks, some months, some hardly any improvement. It sounds like you know what you're doing and you've likely addressed all of this. It doesn't appear the Google updates their local indexes at the same rate as the overall indexes.

#3 davidgaffer

davidgaffer

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

I also do local listing, i used mostly Pay Per click services for good results and i found good results also in local listing. Without PPC it will takes min 4-5 months to get first page on google local listing and its also depends on your local listing submission....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!