• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Has Anyone Experienced This?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BeGlobal

BeGlobal

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:47 AM

Hi,

I manage multiple clients' accounts from my location, Lima, Peru. I have 2 new clients from different States, one related to muscle injuries and the other to medical technology, they don't have anything in common. Big was my surprise when I checked the analytics account of the medical technology one, and saw that this website was apparently found on Google using multiple muscle injuries related keywords (no I havent mixed the analytics codes, and I use completely different GA accounts for each one)

When I search for these muscle injuries keywords, I find the muscle injuries site, which is cool, and not the medical tech one, so why does Google analytics shows this?, is there a connection with the fact I check both accounts from the same IP? It's not about an error with the link building campaign either because I haven't even started the link building for the medical technology one.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Carlos.

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,016 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:13 PM

Actually YOU are the one who is causing it when "rank checking.

search?q=Time+Team++&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a#hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=lnF&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB%3Aofficial&sclient=psy-ab&q=person+of+interest&oq=person+of+interest&gs_l=serp.3..0l10.13579.20275.1.22385.18.8.0.10.10.0.168.890.3j5.8.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.NpNo0I24g3s&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=6a7001fb6a5f24b6&biw=1120&bih=770

The above is the URL of a results from a search for "person of interest" after a search for "time team" take note that the first query is retained in the URL and therefore the referrer when you click through a result.

So another good reason to NOT go "keyword rank" checking.

Forget checking rank and spend more time observing what REALLY happens, you can learn far more that way.

By the way the rest of the data is made up of mouse positions, what result I clicked on and lots of other information I have yet to decipher.

#3 BeGlobal

BeGlobal

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:42 PM

This is a really good piece of information, thank you Chrishist!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!